montreal martial arts for children
Most parents are constantly looking for activities that will help their child expand and grow.
Is it any surprise that after a couple of months parents start noticing a marked difference in their child’s self-esteem and confidence?
How can you as a parent maximize your child’s development? In this article we’ll cover the first of 3 tips:
Tip #1: Put your child on a healthy sleeping pattern right away!
Children need at least 8 to 10 hours of REM (Rapid Eye Movement) sleep each night. Children that do not get adequate sleep the night before tend to be groggy, grumpy, and thus have a harder time concentrating in class, not to mention tend to become more sensitive to social disputes.
Sleep also contributes to a healthier immune system. You can help your child enter each school day with a more energetic and positive approach simply by making sure they get the right amount of sleep each night.
Here’s how to set a healthy sleeping pattern with your children:
1. Establish a set bedtime and wake time for the weekdays. Make sure that you specify that this time is non-negotiable.
2. Set up some rules for 1 hour prior to bed time. There are many things that can affect how well your children sleep at night. If you set up some ground rules, then you’ll see better sleeping habits:
- Make sure they eat dinner no later than 1 hour prior to bed time. If they eat just before bed time, then chances are they will not fall asleep right away. Your child can have a warm glass of milk or some fruit just before bed if they are hungry.
- Cut out all physical activities no later than 1 hour prior to bedtime. Children need adequate downtime to get their heart rate down.
- Cut out any intense “stimulating” activities no later than 1 hour prior to bedtime. This includes video games and computers. Both can be very addictive and keep your child’s mind over-stimulated even after they’ve stopped.
3. Establish a 20 – 30-minute nightly “calm-down” bed time routine. The routine should include taking a bath, putting on their pajamas, reading, and other relaxing activities. TV viewing at bedtime is not recommended because it may affect your child’s ability to fall asleep.
This is the very first step in laying the right learning foundation for your child. In our montreal martial arts for children programs everything we do is influenced by:
“How can we help make your job easier as a parent”.
This is just one of the many tips you can implement in your household and montreal martial arts for children is the best way to give your child an edge in school.
No wonder parents flock to our school to get them started in our martial arts classes. The benefits far exceed the conventional “learn to punch and kick” impression of what martial arts for children is.
Here’s a short video of what you can expect from our montreal martial arts for children program:
All you have to do to get started with our montreal martial arts for children classes is fill in the form at the top of the page.
This immediately gets you a free 7 day pass to our program so you can decide if this activity is right for your child.